Lic. Mariana Fortes, Physical Therapist, has an office at American Dental. She has a degree in Oncological Physiotherapy from the University of Guadalajara (Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara). She has been practicing for 5 years in Obregon, and is now here in San Carlos. Mariana will also come to your home for physical therapy and massages. Contact her today for details.
- Electrotherapy, etc. – A popular type of electrotherapy is TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). This method of electrical stimulation primarily aims to provide a degree of symptomatic pain relief by exciting sensory nerves and thereby stimulating either the pain gate mechanism and/or the opioid system. There are also other types of electrotherapy treatments available.
- Therapeutic Ultrasounds – Ultrasound therapy is the use of sound waves above the range of human hearing to treat injuries like muscle strains or runner’s knee.
- Dry Needling – Common conditions treated with Dry Needling include Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle Tension, Muscle Injuries, Sinus Problems, Headaches, Nerve Problems, Relieve Stress.
- Cryotherapy and Thermotherapy – Cryotherapy and thermotherapy are useful adjuncts for the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and soft tissue injuries. Using ice or heat as a therapeutic intervention decreases pain in joint and muscle as well as soft tissues and they have opposite effects on tissue metabolism, blood flow, inflammation, edema and connective tissue extensibility.
- Kinesio Taping – Rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting.
- Massage Therapy – Involves applying deep pressure on concentrated areas of tension and pain.
Contact Info for Physical Therapy and Massage:
Phone: 226-2167 (Office) or 622-855-7434 (cell)
Address: (In American Dental building) Blvd. Beltrones #37, (beside Thrifty Ice Cream), San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico 85506 (see map below)
Days & Times Open: Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Saturday: 9:00am – 2:00pm.