The Comisión Federal de Electricidad is the state-owned electric utility of Mexico, widely known as CFE.
Phone: 071 … to call from US, dial 01 (800) 007-1071. You can also call 612-345-6781.
Address: on Rodriguez, between Calle 15 & 16 (main office)
Where to pay your CFE bill:
- At the bank (CIBanco in San Carlos or any bank in Guaymas)
- At the CFEMáticos in Plaza el Vigia (the Ley mall). There are 3 ATM-like machines where you scan your bill and pay with cash (it gives change)
- At the main office on Rodriguez, between Calle 16 and Avenue 13
- Online (more info below)
- With the CFE Contigo App (more info below)
- At stores like OXXO, Ley, Sam’s Club, Walmart
You can check your bill online at CFE.
If you haven’t yet registered, register here. To create an account, first enter your desired user name and a password (contraseña = password). Then enter the name that the account is under and the number of your account. This information is found in the upper left hand side of your bill, under “ubicacion del suministro”. The numero de servicio is a 12 digit number in bold.
Click “Pago en Linea” on the right hand side. You’ll probably be asked to sign in again — if so, enter your name and password and click “entrar”.
You’ll then see a summary of your account with info like amount owing, period of consumption and date due.
Click the orange button “Pago en Linea”. You’ll be redirected to a bank site to pay by Visa or Mastercard, debit or credit.
After paying, I was then sent a confirmation to my email on record within about 10 minutes.
CFE Contigo App
– Check and pay your bills on your phone
– Locate Customer Service Centers, Service Modules and CFMs
– Make reports of failures and clarifications about your balance
– Calculate your approximate consumption